Effective date: May 25, 2018
Case-Mate, Inc ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://case-mate.com website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the https://case-mate.com website operated by Case-Mate, Inc
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
Case-Mate, Inc uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Case-Mate, Inc may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
RETENTION OF DATA
Case-Mate, Inc will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, Case-Mate, Inc may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Case-Mate, Inc may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Case-Mate, Inc
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Case-Mate, Inc aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Case-Mate, Inc relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: HTTPS://POLICIES.GOOGLE.COM/PRIVACY?HL=EN
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/SETTINGS/ADS
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - HTTPS://TOOLS.GOOGLE.COM/DLPAGE/GAOPTOUT - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: HTTPS://POLICIES.GOOGLE.COM/PRIVACY?HL=EN
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/HELP/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/HELP/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA HTTP://WWW.ABOUTADS.INFO/CHOICES/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada HTTP://YOURADCHOICES.CA/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe HTTP://WWW.YOURONLINECHOICES.EU/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIVACY/EXPLANATION
Pinterest remarketing service is provided by Pinterest Inc.
You can opt-out from Pinterest's interest-based ads by enabling the "Do Not Track" functionality of your web browser or by following Pinterest instructions: HTTP://HELP.PINTEREST.COM/EN/ARTICLES/PERSONALIZATION-AND-DATA
Criteo remarketing service is provided by Criteo Inc.
You can opt-out from Criteo's interest-based ads by enabling the "Do Not Track" functionality of your web browser or by following Criteo's instructions: HTTPS://WWW.CRITEO.COM/PRIVACY/
Klaviyo marketing automation service is provided by Klaviyo Inc.
You can opt-out from Klaviyo's tracking by enabling the "Do Not Track" functionality of your web browser or by following Klaviyo's instructions: HTTPS://WWW.KLAVIYO.COM/PRIVACY/POLICY#HOW-WE-COLLECT-INFORMATION
Commission Junction Affiliate Marketing is provided by Commission Junction
You can opt-out from Commission Junctions tracking by enabling the "Do Not Track" functionality of your web browser or by following Commission Junctions instructions: HTTPS://WWW.CONVERSANTMEDIA.COM/LEGAL/PRIVACY
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Apple Store In-App Payments
PayPal or Braintree
If you elect to receive marketing text messages from us, either via our website or by sending a text message indicating your consent, you are providing your prior express written consent to receive recurring marketing or promotional SMS text messages from us (each, a “Text Message”) sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. This service is optional and is not a condition for purchase. You can opt out of receiving any further Text Messages from us at any time by replying “STOP” to any Text Message you receive from us.
For help, reply “HELP” to any Text Message you receive from us. In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s standard message and data rates may apply to our confirmation Text Message and all subsequent Text Message correspondence according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving Text Messages. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates be responsible for any SMS messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number. If your carrier does not permit SMS messages, you may not receive the Text Messages.
If you change or deactivate the phone number you provided, you have an affirmative obligation to update your account information and the phone number(s) attached to your account to prevent us from inadvertently communicating with anyone who acquires any phone number(s) previously attributed to you, and any new phone number(s) you attach to your account may receive our standard marketing Text Messages unless you also unsubscribe via the above procedures.
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. For more information about text messages, see our Terms and Conditions.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: SUPPORT@CASE-MATE.COM
- By visiting this page on our website: Submit a Ticket
- By phone number: 1 (888) 988-5358
Case-Mate Privacy Statement For California Residents
Last Modified Date: 29 July 2021
Categories Of Personal Information We Collected.
In the preceding 12-month period, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, for example, name, email address, billing and shipping address and phone number
- Commercial information, for example, purchase habits and purchase history
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), for example, physical characteristics or description and payment information such as credit card number
- Protected classifications under California law, for example, age (over 40 years old), race and gender
- Geolocation data, for example, precise physical location such as IP address, billing address and shipping address
- Internet and other similar network activity, for example, browsing history, search history, consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement
- Visual information, for example, the pictures/images you upload to our Website
- Professional or employment-related information, for example, from employment candidates
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, for example, consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences, characteristics and behaviour
- California Consumer Rights. As a California consumer, you have the rights to request:
- access to your personal information that we have collected in the last 12 months, and additional information about our privacy practices, such as the categories of personal information we collected, how we collect such information, the business or commercial purpose to collect such information, how and who we share your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed and sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed and sold the past 12 months. You may make this request twice for each 12-month period.
- obtaining a copy of your electronic personal information in a readily usable format
- obtaining certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes ("Shine the Light" Law (California Civil Code Section § 1798.83))
- deletion of your personal information that we have collected. We may need to keep certain information for our legitimate business purpose or as required by applicable law, but we will use commercial reasonable efforts to honor your request.
- Opt out of disclosure and sales of your personal information to third parties
- using an authorized agent designated by you to make requests under CCPA. Your agent must provide us with a copy of a signed written authorization or power of attorney authorizing the agent to act on your behalf. We will take steps to verify that the agent has been duly authorized.
- Not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights
- You may exercise your California consumer right by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "California Privacy Right". As we are required under California law to verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information, please provide us with your name and email address. We may also contact you asking for certain information for verification purposes. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.